As a Data Engineer at Offerta, you will be part of a small team responsible for enabling data driven products and insights in a complex marketplace. In essence, the team makes sure that the right data is in the right place. Though this might sound like a straightforward task, it allows the team to work in many interesting domains: developing and serving machine learning models, leading Offerta's adoption of Kafka, and continuously improving the reliability of data pipelines, to name a few. You don’t need to be a master of any of these domains, but you should be motivated by continuously learning new things!
In the role as a data engineer you will:
- Collaborate closely with other data engineers in the team
- Develop modern Python applications to serve and process data
- Build and maintain data pipelines using tools such as Kafka, Argo, Spark and dbt
- Serve machine learning models, and partake in their development
- Continuously improve how Offerta works with data
- Work with Kubernetes using tools such as Helm and Terraform
If any of these tasks are new to you, we hope that’s a motivator! The team loves to tread new ground, and learn together.
We think you are already comfortable with:
- Transforming and structuring data
- Querying complex data using SQL
- Software development principles
- Terminal based workflows
Also, a lot of the internal communication at Offerta is in Swedish, so you should either already speak Swedish or have an interest in learning.
What's it in for you?
- Newly renovated office at Sveavägen 98, near Odenplan
- Freedom to work part time remote
- Flexible working hours
- Generous Wellness allowance and time of work to workout
- Hackathon weeks and opportunities for all Developers to set aside time for new innovation, ideas and skill development
Offerta is Sweden's largest marketplace for services. Every year about 100,000 people turn to us to find the right service professionals, mainly for construction, moving and cleaning. Offerta was founded in 2008 to change and simplify the way we buy services. We help companies find new customers, and customers to find great service professionals. Since 2021 we are part of Fortnox, which gives us unique possibilities to develop our marketplace in tandem with their large user base.
Fortnox AB (publ) is an enterprise platform that connects people, businesses and organisations. We help businesses start, grow and develop. With smart technical products, solutions and services, and the ability to connect them with hundreds of external parties, we are a hub for entrepreneurship in Sweden. Our vision is to create a prosperous society shaped by thriving businesses. Established in 2001, Fortnox is headquartered in Växjö with offices in Malmö, Linköping and Stockholm.
For further information see www.fortnox.se
Good to know
Employment: Full time
Deadline for application: Selection and interviews are ongoing
If you have any questions about this position, contact Gustav Gränsbo, email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your application!